Winter is a season of hot soups and snuggles. A lot of green vegetables are in season now! Broccoli is a cruciferous vegetable that has a number of health benefits. There is more than one way to have broccoli. Here is our recipe for a perfect winter dish. The best thing about this recipe is that it is quick and delicious.
- 250 ml of water
- 100 gms of broccoli
- 20 gms of unsalted butter
- 20 gms of plain flour
- 150 ml of milk
- Salt to taste
- A pinch of pepper
- Boil the broccoli for a few minutes until it is cooked and soft. Now keep it aside to cool.
- In a pan heat the butter and put plain flour in it. Keep on stirring it to avoid burning. Now add milk to it and bring it to a boil.
- Once the sauce is thick and creamy let it aside.
- Bled the cooked broccoli and some water that you boiled it in together. Heat the pureed broccoli in a deep pan and bring to a boil.
- Add salt and pepper to it. Now add the creamy mixture to the puree and once it is boiled, serve hot.
You can add some cheese to it from the top or just parsley. Serve it with bread croutons or plain sip it on a cold day.