Is it not your dream to just eat a lot of brownies without feeling guilty? Because we’ve got you covered!
Brownies are one of the richest baked treats. They’re just a warm hug of sugar, butter, and loads and loads of chocolate.
Even kids love brownies but these recipes will not only help you trick your kid into eating healthy but also would help the ones who are on a diet and would like to have a guilt-free dessert.
Making Gluten-free Healthy Avocado Brownies
Sounds weird, right? But we assure you that it will taste nothing like avocado. In this recipe, the butter is being replaced by avocados and apple sauce to make it a healthy brownie. Did you know, half a cup of butter equals 813 calories, while half a cup of avocados only equals 184 calories? So switching the butter with avocado will not only make it lighter but also add those healthy fats into our diets.
● 1 large avocado
● 1/2 cup apple sauce
● 1/2 cup maple syrup or honey
● 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
● 3 large eggs
● 1/2 cup coconut flour
● 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
● 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
● 1 teaspoon baking soda
● 1/3 cup chopped dark chocolate or chocolate chips
● Preheat oven to 350ºF and grease an 8×8″ baking dish with butter and coconut oil.
● In a food processor or blender, combine avocado, apple sauce, maple syrup/honey, and vanilla.
● In a large mixing bowl, mix in eggs, coconut flour, cocoa powder, sea salt, baking soda, and the wet ingredients.
● Using a hand mixer or a whisk, blend all ingredients just until well mixed. (do not over mix).
● Transfer the mixture into the greased baking dish and sprinkle the chopped dark chocolate or the chocolate chips over the top. You can also mix some into the batter if you like them extra gooey.
● Bake for about 25 minutes or until set through.
● Allow it to cool completely before cutting it into 9 squares and enjoy.